Thursday, January 29, 2009

A couple more for my consideration.

I saw two of this year's "Best Picture" Oscar nominees this week, Slumdog Millionaire and Frost/Nixon.

One of these should be added to my "Standout movies of 2008" list in my last blog entry. And the winner goes to Frost/Nixon.

The only "Best Picture" nominee left for me to see is "The Reader". I think I'm going to need to regard that one as a classic immediately after the final credit rolls in order for it to be deserving of its Oscar. The critics already believe it to be the very opposite of that, so I don't have much faith that it'll be anything more than a movie labeled one of the worst Oscar pics ever if it gets the golden statue.

I'm getting more interested. Unfortunately, I don't remember seeing it still being shown at any of the theaters I frequent. And who knows if I might end up choosing to watch Notorious instead. I would've done just that if there had been any more showings of it left at the times I went for Slumdog and F/N.

For sure though--I'm catching Puff/Big before Kate/Leo. Revolutionary Road is supposed to be better than The Reader, but I can wait for the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment