Monday, May 11, 2009

I don't talk about my faith much publicly anymore, as I feel that most of the time it is a private matter, or something not to be discussed with non-believers unless it is welcome.

In this particular case though, I feel it's warranted.

I've got a cousin who is a few years older than me who, in the last year, was diagnosed with Leukemia. He and his wife had just had their second child when he learned of his diagnosis.

Things were not looking good at all. He was in isolation at the hospital, and was likely bed-ridden for a good chunk of it. Things were not getting better for so long, that they had to transfer him away from his home city in Northern California to Los Angeles for what I believed was to be some experimental procedures.

Yes, nothing was working to the point where the family decided to go with a desperation option.

At the same time, his brother was able to donate bone marrow to him for a transplant.

This was a few months back. I hadn't heard much since then, other than my cousin was sleeping a lot. I wasn't sure if things were any better.

Throughout the whole ordeal, I prayed. My family prayed. We are a religious family. But I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out. I was ashamed that I didn't have more faith.

But I'm happy to say that I found out yesterday that he's cancer free.

And for that, I praise and thank Jesus, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment